Monday, April 26th, 2021: 3D Community News
2021 will be a busy and exciting year for the Blender team as it will be working on the 2nd LTS release and on Blender 3.0, which includes a lot of new features. Additionally, it's the year of the 10th anniversary of Cycles.
There is specific planning, according to which there will be more emphasis on the modules as a way for everyone in the development community to get involved.
- Asset browser and pose library
- Library overrides
- Geometry nodes
- Grease Pencil
- Blender 2.93 LTS
- Cycles development
- Animation character pipeline
- USD importer
- Blender 3.0 – user interface workshop
There are many other projects expected for 2021 that will be revealed during the year. The core team is to work on 6-8 week-long projects, hand them over to the modules, rinse and repeat.
- Independent physics clock in viewports
- Mesh editing optimization
- Brush manager for painting and sculpting
- Snapping improvements
- Real-time viewport video compositor
- Collections settings for persistent I/O and baking
- Restrictive overrides
- Collection nodes
- Dynamic particles
For more details, visit Blender's Blog.
Blender is a free and open-source 3D tool. It supports the entirety of the 3D workflow, modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation. Download, test it, and enjoy the beautiful world of 3D Art!