Chaos has announced the release of Vantage 1.8, the latest version of its real-time renderer.
New features and improvements include:
- Support for dynamic textures to reduce GPU memory usage
- Support for animated textures (image sequences) when using Live Link or loading .vrscene
- Cloud system
- New Color Correction effects: Filmic Tonemapper; Hue/Saturation; Contrast
- Experimental option to increase FPS by decreasing sampling quality (Render -> Advanced -> Enable ray termination)
- New composition grid overlays
- A new option to pause rendering after reaching a certain sample level
- Added functionality to copy the viewport to the clipboard
To find out more, be sure to visit the Chaos website and check the video below!
Chaos is a Bulgarian company established in Sofia in 1997 (famous for V-Ray). It is a world leader in visualization and computer graphics, creating technology that empowers artists and designers to visualize anything they can imagine. Their solutions vary from 3D rendering, real-time rendering, and simulation software.